Sunday, June 28, 2009

Naturally Nurtured is born

So it's time to actually put my fingers to work and start blogging - this is a first for me.
I'm new to blogging and I'm sure way behind the times, it took me a while to even understand the concept of blogging, I am now enlightened after a few trips to wiki and a few searches on google. Don't get me wrong I'm not computer illiterate, but I use my computer the same way I use my mobile phone, as long as I can make a phone call, text someone and use the calculator I'm happy. I'm sure there is a multitude of hidden extras on my laptop that I am unaware of. Take the term laptop for instance, do people even use that term anymore, because I really feel like I'm the only one that does? When did a laptop become a notebook? Anyway, after all that you may be asking.... So why am I now here? Well for a number of reasons, mainly due to a concern for us as a species and the world as a whole.


Firstly I should tell you that I am a mother, a qualified Naturopath, Nutritionist and Massage Therapist, along with many other titles, wife, cook, friend, daughter, sister, aunty, gardener, chook chaser, obsessive book reader and seeker of the truth. So what does all this mean? It means ultimately that I like being aware of what I am eating, what I store my food in, what medications I subject myself and my family to, what I buy in general and my impact of the world. But mostly I just want to share with other people the effects we as a modern, industrialised world have on each other, and I would like to share information I find with other people who may not have thought to even consider looking at something like that. I'm interested in many things, so this blog will cross a wide range of topics. I'm interested in helping save animal species, the effects of malaria on 3rd world countries, the fact that bisphenol A (BPA) is a chemical used in babies bottles but has just been listed as toxic in Canada. So just come along and have a look and we can share together. Welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel,
    I love your blog- so many good thouhts & ideas. I'm glad to have found a like-minded spirit like you. I'm just trying to keep my hubby & kids healthy (altho' teenagers don't always appreciate it:))
    I've found wap suits all the right criteria for a healthy diet, & have had great success in implementing it.
    Do you know about Water & Milk Kefir grains?
    I have them, & just thought to recommend them to you. They changed my life by restoring my health.
    Best of everything,
    Anita.

    ReplyDelete